There is no escape from the underground!
U55 – END OF THE LINE is a survival horror game set in the subway of modern-day Berlin. Heavily inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, we aim to create an immersive urban horror experience. We want to recreate the classic “cosmic horror” setting of diabolical entities breaking into what we call reality. What humanity believes to be regulated by the laws of nature, is only true until cosmic forces start swaying over the world.
Here’s the gist of it:
• U55 – END OF THE LINE is a single-player, first-person action-adventure game inspired by classic horror games such as Amnesia, Dead Space and Silent Hill.
• The game faithfully recreates Berlin’s original sites, such as subway stations, parts of the government district and the central station.
• In the story-driven game, you will play David, an American exchange student who is on his way to the central station to meet his girlfriend. After his subway train crashes, he has to navigate through the dark with his smartphone display as his only source of light.
• The game features binaural sound-effects especially intended for stereo headsets. These are designed to support the disturbing, adrenaline-driven atmosphere and enhance your perception.
• As one of our stretch goals U55 – END OF THE LINE will come with full support for Oculus Rift, which we consider to be one of the most exciting advancements in gaming technology these days. Why would we decline the opportunity to create an even more memorable and immersive gaming experience?
• The game will be available in English
To the uttermost foundations – why we’re pulling it off
• Berlin is the place to play in:
Despite being extremely popular among international artists and movie makers, Berlin has never been properly shown in a video game.
• Decisions, baby!
Your choices make the difference between life and death. Throughout the entire game you will make decisions that will influence not only the game’s progression but also its final outcome.
• Be proud, Howard!
We follow the classic Lovecraftian premise: when meddling with forces as old as the universe itself, you cannot simply fight your way through – the approach is up to you, but it’s brains, not brawns that will help you overcome these terrors.
• Forget about shooting stuff.
Your primary tool for surviving in the darkness is your smartphone display. That’s it – no assault rifles, rocket launchers, magnum revolvers, or grenades. What good would those be against entities from realms beyond our understanding anyway?